Media libraries & video portals.
How people watch today.
Watch what, where, when, and how you want: That’s the way media is consumed today. It happens online and on many different devices. And it is increasingly interactive.We are one of the pioneers of this development. Millions of viewers use our media libraries and video portals.
Advantage through experience. We are the experts for NewTV solutions.
NewTV is a highly fascinating and complex topic. Changing usage habits and interactive content formats characterize it just as much as technical innovations and new digital business models.
We have been an important player in this area of innovation for many years. We have not only developed some of the most successful video and streaming solutions – such as the award-winning ZDFmediathek. Our experts are also welcome podium guests at international congresses and trade fairs on the subject of NewTV.
We are happy to pass this know-how on to you as well! Together with you, we develop solutions that are precisely tailored to your needs and those of your target groups.
We can take care of your solution in its entirety: Our services range from strategy, brand, and technology consulting to the conception and design of user-centric multiscreen solutions to a secure and highly performant implementation by our specialized developers. And if you wish, we can also take care of hosting and supporting your platform.
Together with you, we develop innovative ideas and test them as prototypes with real users in our labs.
UX concept & design
We put your users in focus and develop UX concepts and interface designs that inspire.
Our skilled developers provide for an optimal integration of back end and front end – quality-assured and highly performant.
Hosting & support
We are happy to take over the further development and hosting of your platform and support you with content strategy and marketing.
In the lead. Our media libraries and video portals.
Video consumption has become all about the user’s wishes. This is why the broadcasters of classic linear television, but also video-on-demand portals, have to take into account the changed user behavior and design their online services in a contemporary, dynamic, and user-centric way. It is no longer just about qualitatively appealing content but also about its attractive provision.
We offer you solutions that do just that.
Not just beautiful. Our UX and UI concepts.
Our user experience experts tell your story and create an interface design that is catered to your target groups and that is fun to use – in a browser, on tablets or mobile phones as well as on the big screen as a smart TV app or as HbbTV service.
- Our concepts and designs are based on an in-depth analysis and definition of your brand identity and product world.
- We develop integrated user experience concepts based on customer lifecycles, user journeys, user flows, and personas.
- With wireframing, storyboarding, prototyping, and usability tests, we develop user-centric and intuitive interface designs.
Fitting all screens. Our responsive front ends.
Whether on the sofa, on the train, or at the desk: We develop responsive front ends with the newest technologies in order to present your content on all screens in the best way possible.
- Thanks to the “one HTML code – one content” principle, you can efficiently produce and manage your content.
- Always the best use of browser capacities with progressive enhancement: The basic content is the same on every device. For bigger displays and more powerful browsers, the websites are gradually enhanced.
- We develop accessible website according to the W3C’s WCAG and the BITV 2.0 standards.
Special functions. For you and your users.
- Elasticsearch and local storage for a personalized distribution of content
- Integration of Cognitive Services
- Personalized program overview with EPG
- Monetization possibilities including ad campaigns in videos
- Support of all established digital rights management platforms and use of token systems
Moving images. Diverse ingest possibilities.
We integrate and process your video content:
- Headend & linear TV:
- Taking over live TV signals
- On-air TV to VoD: Encoding, loop recording, and automated VoD generation
- Event streaming
- Management and transmission of distinct linear TV channels
- Scalable, automated high-performance transcoding into all established production and streaming formats
- Automated virus and quality check upon upload
Do you know FanTV?
Your own TV program. Exclusively for fans. Online on every device. That's what we offer football clubs – with our video and streaming platform FanTV.FanTV
For content pros. Our content and digital asset management systems.
In order to create the perfect solution, we determine the ideal basis for your system together. We develop on the basis of proprietary software like the industry standard Sophora but also completely custom system like our in-house solution that is based on the open-source framework Symfony with Sonata Bundles.
Our content and asset management systems have one goal: To make your work as easy as possible. That’s why we rely on intuitive controls and an individual adaptation to your editing and administration processes.
Since the possibilities can be vast and the processes complex, we are happy to advise you on the best setup for your system. And to make sure that humans and technology interact perfectly, we can also train your team in the use of the your new system, of course.
Cloud management & operations
No matter if private, public, or hybrid – if you wish, we are happy to take care of your cloud management with Docker, Kubernetes, and managed cloud services. We also offer comprehensive consulting and services regarding the operations of your portal.
- Focus editing: Intuitive controls and diverse features like rich-text editor, preview function, batch editing, etc.
- Focus administration: Scaling all according to your wishes when it comes to rights and role management, approval processes, theming, etc.
- Focus integration: Perfect integration into your system landscape thanks to upload per drag & drop, data transmission via API or FTP, etc.
Video editing for high demands. The clip editor.
Integrated into our content and asset management systems is a browser-based video-editing tool that leaves nothing to be desired. Thanks to our longstanding experience and knowledge regarding the requirements of editorial teams, our clip editor has functions like:
- Editing and combining of videos
- Thumbnail function that is exact to the frame
- Generation of video snippets
- Channel-dependent watermarks, captions, and overlays
- Multilingual subtitle editor
- Editable audio tracks
- Keyboard control
- Comment function
- Preview function
We’ve got it. The ideal toolset for efficient work.
Our media asset management systems offer exactly the right tools to manage the complex tasks of a multi-device world.
- Browser-based user interface – intuitively operable
- Single- or multi-file upload (via browser, app, e-mail)
- Batch editing
- Transcoding engine for all established video formats
- Back-end video player (HTML5)
- Automated video enrichment (keywords, tags, metadata)
- Video analytics
- Content rights management, license management, and DRM
- Multi-client and multi-portal capable, verticals engine
- Workflow engine
- Versioning and approval processes
- User rights management
- Comprehensive search functions
- Social media plug-ins
- Integration into REST-based IT infrastructures via open interfaces
- and much more
Microservices, APIs, headless CMS.
Learn more about our back ends and how you can efficiently manage media assets with them!To the expertise
Would you like a little more? B2B portals, TV apps, VR streaming, …
As one of Germany’s leading agencies in the media and entertainment sector, we develop not only attractive media libraries for broadcasters. These are also part of our portfolio:
- Digital Media Supply Chain solutions for the management, editing, and distribution of media assets (for Audi, for example)
- TV apps for an ideal presentation of video content on smart TVs and set-top boxes (for Deutsche Telekom’s Magenta Sport, for example)
- B2B self-service portals for the central distribution of audio-visual and other content (for the BBC and Deutsche Welle, for example)
- VR streaming and 360° videos for immersive experiences (for Arte and Mack Media, for example)
- Second-screen & social TV applications to strengthen user retention (for UFA’s “Dina Foxx” and “Verbotene Liebe,” for example)
If you would like to learn more, simply click on the teasers at the end of this page! Or you can directly contact me. I look forward to your message!
- Uwe Hofer
- Director New Business
- +49 30 246 560 216
- +49 151 121 915 45
- E-mail Uwe